Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

found a lost phone

i found a lost i phone i tried to contact the owner

iPhone 12 Pro Max

Posted on Dec 18, 2022 12:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 18, 2022 12:10 PM

If you have found a device, turn it on and see if there's a message. The owner may have done this:

Use the Find My app to locate a missing device or item - Use the Find My app to locate a missing device or item - Apple Support

"What happens if you activate Mark As Lost

...You can also display a custom message with your phone number on the Lock screen, and keep track of your device's location."

For some iPhones --> Return a lost, locked iPhone, click here --> Return a lost, locked iPhone - Apple Support

Otherwise turn it into authorities responsible for dealing with lost items.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 18, 2022 12:10 PM in response to nimesh291

If you have found a device, turn it on and see if there's a message. The owner may have done this:

Use the Find My app to locate a missing device or item - Use the Find My app to locate a missing device or item - Apple Support

"What happens if you activate Mark As Lost

...You can also display a custom message with your phone number on the Lock screen, and keep track of your device's location."

For some iPhones --> Return a lost, locked iPhone, click here --> Return a lost, locked iPhone - Apple Support

Otherwise turn it into authorities responsible for dealing with lost items.

found a lost phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.