Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unrecognised purchase

Hi I have received an email for an Apple Service purchase of $19.49 made on the 17/12/22 that I do not recognise. Can you kindly confirm what this purchase is as I have checked

[Personal Information Edited by Moderator]

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 16

Posted on Dec 18, 2022 12:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 18, 2022 12:36 PM

There are lots of fake purchase notifications mailed around. Usually trying to get recipients to log into a fake App,e ID login portal, providing the scammers with Apple ID and credentials. If a recipient does log into a fake Apple ID login portal, then things will tend to get Exciting for them.

Identify legitimate emails from the App Store or iTunes Store - Apple Support

Check your billing and subscription info at Apple. If the transaction is not listed there, ignore the message.

Subscriptions and Billing - Official Apple Support

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 18, 2022 12:36 PM in response to gessica131

There are lots of fake purchase notifications mailed around. Usually trying to get recipients to log into a fake App,e ID login portal, providing the scammers with Apple ID and credentials. If a recipient does log into a fake Apple ID login portal, then things will tend to get Exciting for them.

Identify legitimate emails from the App Store or iTunes Store - Apple Support

Check your billing and subscription info at Apple. If the transaction is not listed there, ignore the message.

Subscriptions and Billing - Official Apple Support

Dec 18, 2022 12:49 PM in response to gessica131

gessica131 wrote:

Money has been withdrawn from my account already

So the transaction is visible in your Apple purchases?

If so…

If you think your Apple ID has been compromised - Apple Support — change your password, & follow the other steps

Set a passcode on iPhone - Apple Support — change your device passcode

Request a refund for apps or content that you bought from Apple - Apple Support

If the transaction is not listed in your Apple ID transactions, then contact your financial provider, as it would appear your payment information has become known to others.

Unrecognised purchase

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.