Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is it possible to have 2 independent iPhones on one Apple ID?

Is there a way for me to make my iPhones work separately from each other without making a new Apple ID? I have 2 iPhones and I want to keep them under the same ID without photos and messages automatically being shared on iCloud between the two of them. Also whenever I change the focus mode on one phone, it will do the same as on the other and I don’t want this to happen. Is it possible for me to make them act independently or will I have to make a whole new Apple ID for one phone?

iPhone 11 Pro

Posted on Dec 18, 2022 7:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 20, 2022 2:50 PM

Hi ateezra,

Thanks for coming to Apple Support Communities for help today.

What you are describing isn't possible. Sharing an Apple ID on two different iPhone devices can cause quite a few issues. What you may want to do is have a different Apple ID on each iPhone, but enroll in Family Sharing so you can share apps and purchases. This article will describe that more: What is Family Sharing?

Have a fantastic day!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 20, 2022 2:50 PM in response to ateezra

Hi ateezra,

Thanks for coming to Apple Support Communities for help today.

What you are describing isn't possible. Sharing an Apple ID on two different iPhone devices can cause quite a few issues. What you may want to do is have a different Apple ID on each iPhone, but enroll in Family Sharing so you can share apps and purchases. This article will describe that more: What is Family Sharing?

Have a fantastic day!

Is it possible to have 2 independent iPhones on one Apple ID?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.