Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Find my iPhone is not playing sound

I recently updated my iPhone, accepted the new terms and conditions for iCloud and restarted my phone and iPad and the find my iPhone feature is still not playing a sound. I’m also signed in to iCloud.

Like many people I occasionally forget where I put my iPhone in the house. When this happens I use the iPad to locate it. The sound is no longer plays and the phone only vibrates. See above for all the trouble shooting I’ve already done.

iPhone 13 Pro Max, iOS 16

Posted on Dec 18, 2022 8:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 20, 2022 3:08 PM

Hey there Sbjaden,

The sound will not play if the iPhone is offline. It's considered offline if it's not connected to cellular data/network or Wi-Fi. The sound will play once it's connected to a network.

If your iPhone is actively connected to a cellular or Wi-Fi network, try connecting your iPhone to another reliable network then test to see if the sound is delivered then. If it is, then that signals an issue with the current network you're using.

Test with another network and use the steps in this link to help with playing sounds: Play a sound on a device with Find Devices on iCloud.com

Feel free to reply with more details or the results if you need additional help.

Take care!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 20, 2022 3:08 PM in response to Sbjaden

Hey there Sbjaden,

The sound will not play if the iPhone is offline. It's considered offline if it's not connected to cellular data/network or Wi-Fi. The sound will play once it's connected to a network.

If your iPhone is actively connected to a cellular or Wi-Fi network, try connecting your iPhone to another reliable network then test to see if the sound is delivered then. If it is, then that signals an issue with the current network you're using.

Test with another network and use the steps in this link to help with playing sounds: Play a sound on a device with Find Devices on iCloud.com

Feel free to reply with more details or the results if you need additional help.

Take care!

Find my iPhone is not playing sound

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.