Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to add Reward/Loyalty point cards to Apple Wallet

I have had a Samsung for years. With both Google Wallet and Samsung Pay, I was able to add loyalty cards for stores located around me. I tried to add them to Apple Wallet and there is no option. I can only add credit/debit or transit cards. I live in Canada so maybe there is a restriction there, but this is soooo annoying. I used to be able to add all my cards to my phone and just pull them up as I shop. Now I have to hunt for my cards and keep them in my wallet in case I need them. Is there a way around this or do I have to download another app?

iPhone 14 Plus, iOS 16

Posted on Dec 18, 2022 9:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 23, 2022 8:15 AM

I'm not trying to add a Pass. I want to add Loyalty point cards from local stores around me. I am not able to add ANY of them to the Apple Pay, not even big stores. No loyalty cards at all !

I can only add debit/credit and Transit Passes from China, Hong Kong, Japan and United States.

I live in Canada. I will see if I can download Google Pay - at least they had all my credit/debit and Loyalty cards in one app

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 23, 2022 8:15 AM in response to Chris_D13

I'm not trying to add a Pass. I want to add Loyalty point cards from local stores around me. I am not able to add ANY of them to the Apple Pay, not even big stores. No loyalty cards at all !

I can only add debit/credit and Transit Passes from China, Hong Kong, Japan and United States.

I live in Canada. I will see if I can download Google Pay - at least they had all my credit/debit and Loyalty cards in one app

Dec 20, 2022 3:19 PM in response to BlueButterfly72

Greetings BlueButterfly72,

Not all loyalty cards are able to be added to Wallet. If you're unable to add a card to Wallet, speak with the merchant or company to confirm if their card is supported in Wallet. Check out that suggestion in the article below:

Add, use, and share boarding passes, tickets, and other passes in Apple Wallet - Apple Support

"How to add a boarding pass, ticket, or other pass to Apple Wallet on your iPhone

1. Open the app, email, notification, or other communication that contains your boarding pass, ticket, or other pass.
  2. Tap Add to Apple Wallet.
  3. Follow the instructions on the screen.
  4. If necessary, tap Add in the upper right corner.

If you don't see an option to add your boarding pass, ticket, or other pass to the Wallet app, contact the merchant or company that issued it to make sure they support passes in the Wallet app."

Kind regards.

Dec 23, 2022 8:53 AM in response to Lawrence Finch

So I have to download the App of each store, to add it to the Wallet? Wow - that's complicated. All I had to do was scan it with my phone and it was added to Samsung Pay and/or Google Wallet.

I just checked two gas/fuel companies that I have on my phone where I earn points, and none of them have a button on the menu to link it to the Apple Wallet.

How to add Reward/Loyalty point cards to Apple Wallet

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.