Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to backup my iPhone

I want to backup my iPhone

Posted on Dec 19, 2022 1:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 19, 2022 7:01 AM

Hello solo,

It would be helpful to know how you are trying to backup your iPhone. There's several ways. The article: How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support outlines how so make sure you are doing the steps correctly.

It would also be useful to know the exact wording of error messages you see. These tell us what solutions you may need. This support article has multiple solutions depending upon which error message you are seeing:

'If you can't back up to iCloud' click here --> If you can't back up to iCloud - Apple Support

- If an alert says that there's not enough iCloud storage

- If a message says that your last backup couldn't be completed

- If your iCloud backup is taking longer than expected to complete [Was: If the restore process takes a long time to finish]

- If the iCloud Backup option is greyed out [Or if an alert says that your device is being restored.]

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 19, 2022 7:01 AM in response to solo224

Hello solo,

It would be helpful to know how you are trying to backup your iPhone. There's several ways. The article: How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support outlines how so make sure you are doing the steps correctly.

It would also be useful to know the exact wording of error messages you see. These tell us what solutions you may need. This support article has multiple solutions depending upon which error message you are seeing:

'If you can't back up to iCloud' click here --> If you can't back up to iCloud - Apple Support

- If an alert says that there's not enough iCloud storage

- If a message says that your last backup couldn't be completed

- If your iCloud backup is taking longer than expected to complete [Was: If the restore process takes a long time to finish]

- If the iCloud Backup option is greyed out [Or if an alert says that your device is being restored.]

Unable to backup my iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.