Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud Photos iPhone and Mac

I have iCloud photos enabled on my iPhone to store all my photos, but only from my phone to say space. I don't want my Photos form my Mac uploading to iCloud.

If I want to import photos from iCloud on to my Photos App on my Mac how do I do it without uploading exitigin photos on my Mac? If I enable iCloud on my Mac it seems to start uploading all my photos from my Laptop to the iCloud.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Dec 19, 2022 2:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 19, 2022 3:29 AM

Hi mm391,

sorry but iCloud will sync in both directions.

It will try to keep all devices and iCloud at an identical level for photos and videos.

To save space you could use "Optimize iPhone Storage"

Manage your photo and video storage - Apple Support

Then your iPhone will get smaller versions of all photos, if there is no space for full size versions.

iCloud would get all photos in full size.

Or you would have to deactivate iCloud on your MacBook and download some photos from iCloud to your MacBook if you need them there.

Download iCloud photos and videos - Apple Support

Ralf

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 19, 2022 3:29 AM in response to mm391

Hi mm391,

sorry but iCloud will sync in both directions.

It will try to keep all devices and iCloud at an identical level for photos and videos.

To save space you could use "Optimize iPhone Storage"

Manage your photo and video storage - Apple Support

Then your iPhone will get smaller versions of all photos, if there is no space for full size versions.

iCloud would get all photos in full size.

Or you would have to deactivate iCloud on your MacBook and download some photos from iCloud to your MacBook if you need them there.

Download iCloud photos and videos - Apple Support

Ralf

iCloud Photos iPhone and Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.