Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I want to know that is my iphone fake or real

I want to know that my iphone is real or fake!

iPhone XS, iOS 16

Posted on Dec 19, 2022 3:06 AM

4 replies

Dec 19, 2022 3:18 AM in response to Chakh

There are a few things you can do to determine whether your iPhone is genuine or not:

1. Check the packaging: If the iPhone is brand new and still in the original packaging, make sure that the packaging looks authentic.
  2. Check the serial number: You can find the serial number of your iPhone by going to Settings > General > About. You can then check the serial number on Apple's website to see if it is a valid serial number.
  3. Check the physical features: Look for any unusual features or design elements that may indicate that the phone is not genuine. For example, the Apple logo should be centered on the back of the phone, and the text on the back of the phone should be printed in a straight line.
  4. Check the software: Make sure that the software on the iPhone is genuine by going to Settings > General > Software Update. If the phone is not genuine, it may not be able to update to the latest version of iOS.
  5. Check the price: If the price of the iPhone seems too good to be true, it may be a fake. Genuine iPhones typically cost more than fake ones.
  6. Check with a professional: If you're still unsure, you can take the phone to a professional or an Apple store to have it checked. They will be able to tell you whether the phone is genuine or not.

I want to know that is my iphone fake or real

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.