Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I stop Pages from creating a new folder in iCloud Drive every time I save or even open a document?

I have already saved the document in one of my other folders in iCloud Drive. I don't need two copies of the document, yet every time I go to open my Pages document, I find a new 'Pages' folder has popped up in Finder. Why is it doing this and how do I stop it? Also I'm new to Macs, how do I 'save as' a file like you would on word. There's the dropdown menu at the top from the title of the document, but it gives you limited options as to where to save it. As in, it will just say 'iCloud Drive', so later I have to go and sort the file into the right folder within my drive.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 13.0

Posted on Dec 19, 2022 4:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 19, 2022 6:53 AM

When you select Pages in Settings > Apple ID > iCloud > iCloud Drive > Options… panel, it creates a Pages syncing folder on iCloud Drive. And that will be the default save location offered by Pages, if not the last folder you saved in. If you have no interest in having that Pages folder placed on iCloud Drive, or you don't need to access these files in Pages for iOS/iPadOS, then you can uncheck Pages in that iCloud Drive Options panel and that Pages folder will be hidden.

In your save panel, the default view would be minimalized:

Click that arrow button adjacent to the Where selector and the Save panel expands to give you a more Finder Window like view with additional save location choices.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 19, 2022 6:53 AM in response to rosieposie1234

When you select Pages in Settings > Apple ID > iCloud > iCloud Drive > Options… panel, it creates a Pages syncing folder on iCloud Drive. And that will be the default save location offered by Pages, if not the last folder you saved in. If you have no interest in having that Pages folder placed on iCloud Drive, or you don't need to access these files in Pages for iOS/iPadOS, then you can uncheck Pages in that iCloud Drive Options panel and that Pages folder will be hidden.

In your save panel, the default view would be minimalized:

Click that arrow button adjacent to the Where selector and the Save panel expands to give you a more Finder Window like view with additional save location choices.

How do I stop Pages from creating a new folder in iCloud Drive every time I save or even open a document?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.