Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Being blocked by someone using family sharing

If I am sharing apple music through family sharing and somebody decides to block me can they still use apple music? Or do they lose all access to family sharing?

Posted on Dec 19, 2022 6:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 20, 2022 1:25 AM

Blocking a Contact applies to communication with a person, it will block messages or phone calls. But it does not apply to family sharing. Block calls and messages from certain people – Apple Support (UK)

A family member who is blocking you may not be able to receive your invitation to join the family group and share the subscriptions and accept it. Add a family member to your subscriptions from Apple - Apple Support

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 20, 2022 1:25 AM in response to assbeat13

Blocking a Contact applies to communication with a person, it will block messages or phone calls. But it does not apply to family sharing. Block calls and messages from certain people – Apple Support (UK)

A family member who is blocking you may not be able to receive your invitation to join the family group and share the subscriptions and accept it. Add a family member to your subscriptions from Apple - Apple Support

Dec 19, 2022 11:24 AM in response to Limnos

Ok, so i have someone in my family sharing who I believe may have blocked me. Meaning they blocked me on their phone so i cant call or text them. I was wondering if that affects their ability to continue to be in my family sharing or not.

say you added somebody to your family list and now they can use and share your apple music subscription. Then later on that person blocks you and you cant call or text them. Do they still have access to the subscriptions you were sharing with them or is family sharing not affected by being blocked from a phone?

Dec 20, 2022 4:45 AM in response to léonie

A family member who is blocking you may not be able to receive your invitation to join the family group and share the subscriptions and accept it.

I got the impression this person was already part of the family.

OP: "I was wondering if that affects their ability to continue to be in my family sharing or not."

Being blocked by someone using family sharing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.