Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to bring a recording from Voice Memos on iPhone into Mac Music?

Long ago, Voice Memos used to automatically appear in Music when I connected my phone to my Mac. Now I can't find the "sync voice memo" settings and music files are in the iCloud, and I can't find how to simply listen to a voice memo on my Mac (and be sure its backed up).

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 13.0

Posted on Dec 19, 2022 9:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 19, 2022 9:27 AM

Ha! Thank you, and when did that app appear?

10 replies

Dec 19, 2022 9:58 AM in response to Meg The Dog

I've been recording client interviews for years, since the Voice Memos app appeared, several iPhones ago. At first they'd automatically transfer from the iPhone to iMusic (with the Voice Memo genre). A couple years ago that stopped, unless you selected the "sync voice memos" option in Music. I would guess that the Mac Voice Memos app may have appeared when that sync option disappeared. Perhaps it was when iCloud music sync became common, but I don't know. Recently I've been emailing/airdropping my voice memo files to myself, to ensure that the critical interviews are backed up. Until today I had no idea that the Mac app exists. Although so far I can't seem to get my voice memos into the Mac app, so I'm not too impressed. What used to be simple and automatic is now a pain the neck, and a worry that critical files could be lost.

How to bring a recording from Voice Memos on iPhone into Mac Music?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.