Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Air on lock mode

I put my MacBook Air on lock mode a month or two back and I forgot the passcode that turns off lock mode and now it is saying this. Please help asap.

Posted on Dec 19, 2022 8:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 19, 2022 10:08 AM

I understand you remotely locked your Mac using Find My Mac a while ago, and now that you want to unlock it you can't remember the passcode you used to lock it.

Don't keep attempting to unlock it with passcodes you're unsure about, otherwise there will be increasingly lengthy periods of time you need to wait before attempting to unlock it again.

Refer to "If you can't unlock your Mac" in If your Mac is lost or stolen - Apple Support:

After you locate your Mac, you can unlock it by entering the passcode that you created when you locked it with Find My.

If you can't remember that passcode, you have three options:

• Sign in to iCloud.com/find, then select your Mac from the Devices menu. Select Unlock and follow the steps to verify your identity.
  • Unlock your Mac from your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Apple Watch using your device passcode.
  • Take your Mac to an Apple Authorized Service Provider along with your proof of purchase.

For reference: If your Mac doesn't start up all the way - Apple Support

Your Mac asks for a PIN code when it has been remotely locked using Find My. Enter the four-digit or six-digit passcode to continue.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 19, 2022 10:08 AM in response to alivia211

I understand you remotely locked your Mac using Find My Mac a while ago, and now that you want to unlock it you can't remember the passcode you used to lock it.

Don't keep attempting to unlock it with passcodes you're unsure about, otherwise there will be increasingly lengthy periods of time you need to wait before attempting to unlock it again.

Refer to "If you can't unlock your Mac" in If your Mac is lost or stolen - Apple Support:

After you locate your Mac, you can unlock it by entering the passcode that you created when you locked it with Find My.

If you can't remember that passcode, you have three options:

• Sign in to iCloud.com/find, then select your Mac from the Devices menu. Select Unlock and follow the steps to verify your identity.
  • Unlock your Mac from your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Apple Watch using your device passcode.
  • Take your Mac to an Apple Authorized Service Provider along with your proof of purchase.

For reference: If your Mac doesn't start up all the way - Apple Support

Your Mac asks for a PIN code when it has been remotely locked using Find My. Enter the four-digit or six-digit passcode to continue.

MacBook Air on lock mode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.