You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HDMI Adapter with Bluetooth Audio, no sound

I want to display the iPhone Apps on the TV but listen through my bluetooth headphones connected to the iPhone. I'm using the lightening digital AV Adapter and HDMI. How can I use my bluetooth headphones to hear the audio from my iPhone, rather than using only the audio from the TV?

I have tried what Less offered in 2021, but as soon as I start a video, the audio stops although I can continue to see the video.

I have tried plugging the fire from the adapter directly in the monitor and into a wall connection but no change in results. I have tried this with AmazonPrime, Netflix and YouTube

many help would be appreciated.

Posted on Dec 19, 2022 10:31 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 21, 2022 8:09 AM

Hey there StoneyIsle,

It sounds like you want to be connected to the TV and to Bluetooth Headphones, with your iPhone. You can connect more than one Bluetooth device with your iPhone, at one time; however there may be limitations, dependent on the operating system of the other devices.

Check your settings: Set up and use Bluetooth accessories on iPhone

If you run into a connection related issue, try the following troubleshooting steps: If you can't connect a Bluetooth accessory to your iPhone or iPad

1. "Make sure that your Bluetooth accessory and iOS or iPadOS device are close to each other.
  2. Turn your Bluetooth accessory off and back on again.
  3. Make sure that your Bluetooth accessory is on and fully charged or connected to power. If your accessory uses batteries, see if they need to be replaced.
  4. If there's an app that you use with the Bluetooth accessory, go to Settings > Privacy & Security > Bluetooth on your iOS or iPadOS device, and make sure that you've turned on Bluetooth for the app." (Retrieved from the resource linked above)

Take care.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 21, 2022 8:09 AM in response to StoneyIsle

Hey there StoneyIsle,

It sounds like you want to be connected to the TV and to Bluetooth Headphones, with your iPhone. You can connect more than one Bluetooth device with your iPhone, at one time; however there may be limitations, dependent on the operating system of the other devices.

Check your settings: Set up and use Bluetooth accessories on iPhone

If you run into a connection related issue, try the following troubleshooting steps: If you can't connect a Bluetooth accessory to your iPhone or iPad

1. "Make sure that your Bluetooth accessory and iOS or iPadOS device are close to each other.
  2. Turn your Bluetooth accessory off and back on again.
  3. Make sure that your Bluetooth accessory is on and fully charged or connected to power. If your accessory uses batteries, see if they need to be replaced.
  4. If there's an app that you use with the Bluetooth accessory, go to Settings > Privacy & Security > Bluetooth on your iOS or iPadOS device, and make sure that you've turned on Bluetooth for the app." (Retrieved from the resource linked above)

Take care.

HDMI Adapter with Bluetooth Audio, no sound

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.