Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lost my custom templates in latest Numbers

I just opened Numbers 11.2 on my new MacBookPro and all of my many custom templates have disappeared. No sign of them. I put tens/hundreds of hours creating these, and it is not pleasing to learn that the main feature of each new Mac upgrade is that is all about the things you can NOT do. MacBookPro 14" almost brand new running Monterey 12.6.1

MacBook Pro 14″, macOS 12.6

Posted on Dec 19, 2022 11:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 19, 2022 2:31 PM

You posted another thread about templates. In that one you said "Numbers 12". This one is about Numbers 11.2 on a "new MacBook Pro". Did you move to a new computer and is that when the templates "disappeared"?

3 replies

Dec 19, 2022 3:35 PM in response to Badunit

Yes, pretty much, so I didn't realize I would have to harvest the old templates as stand-alone files, open them in the new version of Numbers (I probably misrepresented the iteration of Numbers, but it's the one that came bundled in Monterey) and then create new templates individually from scratch.

Since I saw at least a few of my custom templates in the new version of Pages, it does now occur to me that the ones in Numbers must have been lost in the transfer/migration. In the past that bundle of templates went repeatedly from one computer, OS. version-of-numbers to the new one without their disappearing.

Dec 19, 2022 4:24 PM in response to Owen Daly1

Glad you got it worked out. I have always transferred everything manually and set everything up fresh and clean. I've never migrated my files and settings but I would expect the same as you, for it to migrate everything user created that was in the proper places on the old computer (including custom templates, AppleScripts, etc).

Lost my custom templates in latest Numbers

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.