Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Replaced a dell external monitor with a new studio display today. After connecting to my iMac (2017) it now will not turn on. I can play music on it, but need the picture. Help

Replaced a dell external monitor with a new studio display today. After connecting to my iMac (2017) it fine, but now display will not turn on after restart. I can play music on it, but need the picture. Help, there must be a setting somewhere I'm missing.

Thanks

Posted on Dec 19, 2022 6:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 19, 2022 9:59 PM

Hello!

From Set up and use Apple Studio Display - Apple Support, you need to be using macOS Monterey 12.3 or later. Is your Mac running this or a later version? If not, try to update your Mac: Update macOS on Mac - Apple Support.

If the issue persists, I recommend you try in Safe Mode. Safe mode can help you to determine whether an issue is caused by software that loads as your Mac starts up: How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support.

You can also try in a separate, "test" user account on your Mac: Add a user or group on Mac - Apple Support.

Jack

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 19, 2022 9:59 PM in response to lyle266

Hello!

From Set up and use Apple Studio Display - Apple Support, you need to be using macOS Monterey 12.3 or later. Is your Mac running this or a later version? If not, try to update your Mac: Update macOS on Mac - Apple Support.

If the issue persists, I recommend you try in Safe Mode. Safe mode can help you to determine whether an issue is caused by software that loads as your Mac starts up: How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support.

You can also try in a separate, "test" user account on your Mac: Add a user or group on Mac - Apple Support.

Jack

Replaced a dell external monitor with a new studio display today. After connecting to my iMac (2017) it now will not turn on. I can play music on it, but need the picture. Help

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.