Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have locked my iPhone to activation lock

I have locked my iPhone to activation lock .The phone I locked it's not mine.it's my father's phone. He forgot the apple ID password but he knows the apple ID, the ID has no purchase from app store or any other service.. So how can I remove the activation lock?

[Edited by Moderator]

iPhone 6s

Posted on Dec 19, 2022 11:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 20, 2022 4:06 AM

Hello himel,

Activation Lock is designed to prevent anyone else from using an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch if it's ever lost or stolen. Deactivation requires knowing the Apple ID and password that set the feature, or placing a special request to Apple to reset the device.

Click on this link to learn how to remove Activation Lock --> How to remove Activation Lock - Apple Support

Here are additional resources:

Help with a lost Apple ID or password:

• For help with a forgotten Apple ID password, click here --> If you forgot your Apple ID password - Apple Support

Reset device:

Apple can completely reset a device if a person can provide sufficient evidence of valid ownership. This is done online at: Activation Lock support request - https://al-support.apple.com/#/additional-support Apple says, "Proof of ownership documentation is required," but does not provide details in the article as to what is acceptable proof. Prior to this official service Apple typically required the original receipt* issued by Apple or an Apple Authorized Reseller and documented provenance (so typically it would be the original owner who does this, or a descendant with legal proof of ownership).

*Apple recommends you keep your receipt after you buy an Apple device. --> Keep your receipt after you buy an Apple device - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 20, 2022 4:06 AM in response to himel209

Hello himel,

Activation Lock is designed to prevent anyone else from using an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch if it's ever lost or stolen. Deactivation requires knowing the Apple ID and password that set the feature, or placing a special request to Apple to reset the device.

Click on this link to learn how to remove Activation Lock --> How to remove Activation Lock - Apple Support

Here are additional resources:

Help with a lost Apple ID or password:

• For help with a forgotten Apple ID password, click here --> If you forgot your Apple ID password - Apple Support

Reset device:

Apple can completely reset a device if a person can provide sufficient evidence of valid ownership. This is done online at: Activation Lock support request - https://al-support.apple.com/#/additional-support Apple says, "Proof of ownership documentation is required," but does not provide details in the article as to what is acceptable proof. Prior to this official service Apple typically required the original receipt* issued by Apple or an Apple Authorized Reseller and documented provenance (so typically it would be the original owner who does this, or a descendant with legal proof of ownership).

*Apple recommends you keep your receipt after you buy an Apple device. --> Keep your receipt after you buy an Apple device - Apple Support

I have locked my iPhone to activation lock

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.