Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Utilizing Lightning to HDMI Adapter for TV after updating to iOS 16.2

I updated my iPad 6th generation to iOS 16.2.. My lightning to HDMI adapter no longer works with my Samsung smart tv. I have two older Samsung tv’s. I have been using the same HDMI and lightning cable with no issues. Once I updated from iOS 15 to 16 the cable no longer works on any of the televisions. I have changed both the HDMI cable and lightning cable with new ones, no change. I tried to utilize my iPhone with the same cables, no difference. Was there an update with the new iOS preventing the lightning to HDMI cable to transfer movies from iPad or iPhone to the television?

QTQ80,

Posted on Dec 20, 2022 7:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 23, 2023 9:31 PM

HDMI adapter no longer works after iOS 16 update

Occasional picture, never any sound.

All was perfect prior to iOS 16 update.

All apple products used.

3 replies

Dec 20, 2022 7:58 AM in response to MJS20D12

Multiple reports have been seen within ASC complaining of issues connecting an external monitor/TV, via HDMI, subsequent to updating iPads to iPadOS16.1. Similarly there are reports that iPadOS 16.2 resolves known issues.

Are you using an Apple Lightning to Digital AV Adapter - or a third-party HDMI Adapter?

You may be best advised to seek assistance directly from Apple Support. You can contact the Support Team using the Get Support link at top-right of this page. Alternatively, you can initiate and manage your support cases using the excellent Apple Support App. If not already installed on your iPad, the App can be downloaded from the App Store:

https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/apple-support/id1130498044

You should also submit a bug report via Apple’s Product Feedback portal. For iPad and iPadOS:

Feedback - iPad - Apple

Utilizing Lightning to HDMI Adapter for TV after updating to iOS 16.2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.