Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't download App. It ask me to put a debit card

Every time i try to redownload a app it always asks me to put in a debit card

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 11

Posted on Dec 20, 2022 1:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 20, 2022 1:31 PM

If you want to make purchases or update / download apps, including free apps, you need to have a payment method on file.

If you don't have a credit card or don't want to use a credit card, you can also use your Apple ID balance as payment method, see -> Add money to your Apple ID balance

Add money to your Apple ID balance – Apple Support (UK)

• If you want to change your card, you need to add first the new card, then remove the old card.
  • or if you use your Apple ID balance, you need to set your Apple ID balance as your default payment.

If you update your payment method or add funds to your Apple ID balance, It would take about 1 to 3 business days in order to process.

If you're still unable to update your payment method, Contact Apple Support.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 20, 2022 1:31 PM in response to Jriley409

If you want to make purchases or update / download apps, including free apps, you need to have a payment method on file.

If you don't have a credit card or don't want to use a credit card, you can also use your Apple ID balance as payment method, see -> Add money to your Apple ID balance

Add money to your Apple ID balance – Apple Support (UK)

• If you want to change your card, you need to add first the new card, then remove the old card.
  • or if you use your Apple ID balance, you need to set your Apple ID balance as your default payment.

If you update your payment method or add funds to your Apple ID balance, It would take about 1 to 3 business days in order to process.

If you're still unable to update your payment method, Contact Apple Support.

Can't download App. It ask me to put a debit card

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.