Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No way to control how my iCloud storage space is optimized?

I could really use some help here Apple friends. Why am I being asked to "Free up storage space on your Mac" when I have a large amount of available space on the iCloud but no way to control how my storage space is optimized?

MacBook Pro 15″

Posted on Dec 20, 2022 2:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 20, 2022 2:56 PM

Optimize iCloud storage on a Mac:

Photos -- open the Photos app on the Mac, on the Photos menu click Preferences or Settings, then click iCloud at the top of the Preferences window and click Optimize Mac Storage.

iCloud Drive: click the Apple menu, then System Preferences or System Settings then Apple ID or [username] then iCloud and Optimize Mac Storage.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 20, 2022 2:56 PM in response to NicholKJ

Optimize iCloud storage on a Mac:

Photos -- open the Photos app on the Mac, on the Photos menu click Preferences or Settings, then click iCloud at the top of the Preferences window and click Optimize Mac Storage.

iCloud Drive: click the Apple menu, then System Preferences or System Settings then Apple ID or [username] then iCloud and Optimize Mac Storage.

No way to control how my iCloud storage space is optimized?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.