Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Notes app

How can I go into my locked note when I don’t remember my password?

iPhone 11, iOS 15

Posted on Dec 20, 2022 6:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 21, 2022 12:17 AM

If you use a unique password for Notes, there is no way to access your locked notes if you forget the password. If you forget this password, you can reset your notes password and use your new password to lock other notes. If you access your iCloud notes on more than one Apple device, use the same notes password to lock and unlock all of them.

Apple doesn't have access to locked notes and can’t help you access them if you forget your notes password. If you forget your notes password, resetting the password doesn’t give you access to previously locked notes. If you reset then create a new notes password, that only allows you to lock other notes.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 21, 2022 12:17 AM in response to nuttyk1

If you use a unique password for Notes, there is no way to access your locked notes if you forget the password. If you forget this password, you can reset your notes password and use your new password to lock other notes. If you access your iCloud notes on more than one Apple device, use the same notes password to lock and unlock all of them.

Apple doesn't have access to locked notes and can’t help you access them if you forget your notes password. If you forget your notes password, resetting the password doesn’t give you access to previously locked notes. If you reset then create a new notes password, that only allows you to lock other notes.

Notes app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.