You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphoto integration

I saved my Old Iphoto apps on my Mac air when they changed to avoid losing pictures but now how to integrate the new Photo and previous IPhoto? Also inside I created some albums can I use them again to print? cant figure how?? thanks a lot francois

Posted on Dec 20, 2022 11:45 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 21, 2022 5:52 AM

You can migrate an iPhoto Library to Photos simply by opening it with Photos.

Hold down the option (or alt) key and launch Photos. From the resulting menu select 'Choose Library' and point at your iPhoto Library. It will do the rest.

By 'album' do you mean Book? Apple ceased all printing services about 5 years ago. Books will not migrate to Photos, I'm afraid.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 21, 2022 5:52 AM in response to francoisgs

You can migrate an iPhoto Library to Photos simply by opening it with Photos.

Hold down the option (or alt) key and launch Photos. From the resulting menu select 'Choose Library' and point at your iPhoto Library. It will do the rest.

By 'album' do you mean Book? Apple ceased all printing services about 5 years ago. Books will not migrate to Photos, I'm afraid.

Iphoto integration

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.