Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I use a USB-A to HDMI on my Mac Air 2015?

Can I use a USB-A to HDMI adapter for Mac Air 2015? Or do I need to use Mini DP to HDMI?

MacBook Air

Posted on Dec 20, 2022 11:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 21, 2022 12:02 AM

DanDaft wrote:

Does USB-A to HDMI not work at all? What is the reasoning behind it? Provided if it doesn't work.

From Connect to HDMI from your Mac - Apple Support,

Mac computers that have any of the following ports can connect to HDMI devices:
If your Mac has an HDMI port, you can connect directly to HDMI with an HDMI cable.
If your Mac has USB-C ports, you can connect to HDMI with an adapter, like the Apple USB-C Digital AV Multiport Adapter.
If your Mac has Mini DisplayPort, you can connect to HDMI with a Mini DisplayPort to HDMI adapter or cable.

Jack

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 21, 2022 12:02 AM in response to DanDaft

DanDaft wrote:

Does USB-A to HDMI not work at all? What is the reasoning behind it? Provided if it doesn't work.

From Connect to HDMI from your Mac - Apple Support,

Mac computers that have any of the following ports can connect to HDMI devices:
If your Mac has an HDMI port, you can connect directly to HDMI with an HDMI cable.
If your Mac has USB-C ports, you can connect to HDMI with an adapter, like the Apple USB-C Digital AV Multiport Adapter.
If your Mac has Mini DisplayPort, you can connect to HDMI with a Mini DisplayPort to HDMI adapter or cable.

Jack

Can I use a USB-A to HDMI on my Mac Air 2015?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.