Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 11 screen dims randomly

Hey, so I recently started having this problem: a short while ago i purchased a new iPhone 11 and the first few weeks everything was totally fine. Until a few days ago, the screen started dimming at random times by itself. I have every setting off, that could affect the brightness, such as True Tone and Night Shift. i also tried experimenting a bit, by shutting off the phone and turning it back on. the first few minutes everything is fine but then it dims again and after like 15-ish minutes it goes back to normal. i also made sure that Low Power Mode is off and that my phone is unplugged from the charger. But this problem keeps occurring. If anyone has/had a similar experience and knows how to solve this, than I’d appreciate a reply very much :)

iPhone 11

Posted on Dec 21, 2022 4:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 21, 2022 4:43 AM

If you disabled (not recommended) AutoBrightness (the last option at the very bottom in Settings>Accessibility>Display&Text Size), it might be a protection against overheating problem.

For your peace of mind, I suggest that you make an appointment and have your device inspected at an Apple Store or AASP (Apple Authorized Service Provider) among this list:--> Apple – Location Selector. After checking it out, they'll give you all the available options.

Regards

Giulio

(*) You can do it:

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 21, 2022 4:43 AM in response to urdadshusbandlol

If you disabled (not recommended) AutoBrightness (the last option at the very bottom in Settings>Accessibility>Display&Text Size), it might be a protection against overheating problem.

For your peace of mind, I suggest that you make an appointment and have your device inspected at an Apple Store or AASP (Apple Authorized Service Provider) among this list:--> Apple – Location Selector. After checking it out, they'll give you all the available options.

Regards

Giulio

(*) You can do it:

iPhone 11 screen dims randomly

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.