Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where are the Mac System Icons and Default Icons located in Mac OS 13 Ventura?

Hey there, trying to find where the Mac System Icons and Default Icons located in Mac OS 13 Ventura. In previous versions of the OS, they were located here: /System/Library/CoreServices/CoreTypes.bundle/Contents/Resources/

However these are quite old now.

Posted on Dec 21, 2022 10:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 21, 2022 10:26 AM

Hello there,

I don't know of a specific folder, but after some digging online, I did find these other folders where there are more icon files:

/System/Library/CoreServices/IconsetResources.bundle/Contents/Resources

/System/Library/Extensions/IOSCSIArchitectureModelFamily.kext/Contents/Resources/

/System/Library/Extensions/IOStorageFamily.kext/Contents/Resources/

It seems like they keep them all over the place. Hope this helps!

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 21, 2022 10:26 AM in response to plastipop

Hello there,

I don't know of a specific folder, but after some digging online, I did find these other folders where there are more icon files:

/System/Library/CoreServices/IconsetResources.bundle/Contents/Resources

/System/Library/Extensions/IOSCSIArchitectureModelFamily.kext/Contents/Resources/

/System/Library/Extensions/IOStorageFamily.kext/Contents/Resources/

It seems like they keep them all over the place. Hope this helps!

Where are the Mac System Icons and Default Icons located in Mac OS 13 Ventura?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.