Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Battery Health suddenly dropped after ios upadate

Hi All,

i was using IOS 16.0.1 or later, then i updated it to 16.2. Before updating the device my battery health was at 98% percentage and after update just in general discussion I checked it was showing 95%. I’m using IPhone 13 pro. Seems like apple does this knowingly so that users will update every year their device.

iPhone 13 Pro, iOS 16

Posted on Dec 21, 2022 10:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 21, 2022 10:57 AM

Once an update is complete and the phone re-indexes data, it is not uncommon for certain things to recalibrate, including battery health. It is not exact. It's decline is also not linear. Generally, one can expect battery health to decline 1 - 2% per month, depending on battery recharges. And one thing you can be guaranteed is, battery health will continue to decline. There is no way stop battery health decline. When your battery health declines to 80% or less, it will then be time to have the battery replaced. Until such time, worrying about it is pointless.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 21, 2022 10:57 AM in response to 6Ashish

Once an update is complete and the phone re-indexes data, it is not uncommon for certain things to recalibrate, including battery health. It is not exact. It's decline is also not linear. Generally, one can expect battery health to decline 1 - 2% per month, depending on battery recharges. And one thing you can be guaranteed is, battery health will continue to decline. There is no way stop battery health decline. When your battery health declines to 80% or less, it will then be time to have the battery replaced. Until such time, worrying about it is pointless.

Battery Health suddenly dropped after ios upadate

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.