Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

why is my payment method not accepted

phone keep asking to confirm appleID and payment method every time I try to download a app.

I cant seem to rectify the issue

Posted on Dec 21, 2022 3:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 21, 2022 3:46 PM

If you want to make purchases or update / download apps, including free apps, you need to have a payment method on file.

If you don't have a credit card or don't want to use a credit card, you can also use your Apple ID balance as payment method, see -> Add money to your Apple ID balance

Add money to your Apple ID balance – Apple Support (UK)

• If you want to change your card, you need to add first the new card, then remove the old card.
  • or if you use your Apple ID balance, you need to set your Apple ID balance as your default payment.

If you update your payment method or add funds to your Apple ID balance, It would take about 1 to 3 business days in order to process.

If you're still unable to update your payment method, Contact Apple Support.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 21, 2022 3:46 PM in response to kerlita

If you want to make purchases or update / download apps, including free apps, you need to have a payment method on file.

If you don't have a credit card or don't want to use a credit card, you can also use your Apple ID balance as payment method, see -> Add money to your Apple ID balance

Add money to your Apple ID balance – Apple Support (UK)

• If you want to change your card, you need to add first the new card, then remove the old card.
  • or if you use your Apple ID balance, you need to set your Apple ID balance as your default payment.

If you update your payment method or add funds to your Apple ID balance, It would take about 1 to 3 business days in order to process.

If you're still unable to update your payment method, Contact Apple Support.

Dec 21, 2022 4:00 PM in response to kerlita

kerlita Said:

"why is my payment method not accepted: phone keep asking to confirm appleID and payment method every time I try to download a app. I cant seem to rectify the issue"

-------

Troubleshooting Method of Payment:

Contact your bank, as this may be being seen a fraudulent activity. When that occurs, typically your card is inaccessible. So, call them, letting them know that all is OK to be proceeded with.

why is my payment method not accepted

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.