Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why can’t i update/download

My iPhone won’t let me update/download apps it says that there’s a problem with billing i put my card. On it and it took 5$ and still is non letting me update my apps

iPhone XS, iOS 16

Posted on Dec 21, 2022 5:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 21, 2022 8:11 PM

Hello Amauri,

This article discusses a billing problem message.

If a message says 'billing problem with previous purchase' or 'verification required' - Apple Support

You get a billing problem message because there is a problem paying for something a person bought in the past and this needs to be resolved before Apple will let you make a new purchase, even free items. It isn't a problem with a specific item, it's with the payment method used by you, or -in the case of Family Sharing- the Family Organizer..

Get the payment method owner to review their payment methods as in this document: 'Add a payment method to your Apple ID' on an Apple mobile device, a Mac, or a PC; click here --> Add a payment method to your Apple ID - Apple Support

- Payment methods with a problem will appear in red. This document tells you how to remove problem payment methods --> Remove a payment method from your Apple ID - Apple Support

- If the person is updating an old card and has ongoing subscriptions the person may need to first add the new card and make it the primary payment method before deleting the old card.

Related documents:

If the payment method is declined in the App Store or iTunes Store, click here --> If your payment method is declined in the App Store or iTunes Store - Apple Support

"There is a billing problem with a previous purchase." = "you have an unpaid balance in the App Store or iTunes Store"

- 'If you can't remove your last payment method or use no payment method with your Apple ID' click here --> Remove a payment method from your Apple ID - Apple Support

If none of the self-help solutions resolve your situation then ask Apple for help. Click here --> Choose your country or region - Official Apple Support Select your country, then a product. If you don't see one that handles your issue then keep experimenting with selections until you reach one that gets you a chat session or a telephone call and get the representative to redirect you.

or:

Contact Apple for support and service --> "See a list of Apple phone numbers around the world." - Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 21, 2022 8:11 PM in response to Amauri_XD

Hello Amauri,

This article discusses a billing problem message.

If a message says 'billing problem with previous purchase' or 'verification required' - Apple Support

You get a billing problem message because there is a problem paying for something a person bought in the past and this needs to be resolved before Apple will let you make a new purchase, even free items. It isn't a problem with a specific item, it's with the payment method used by you, or -in the case of Family Sharing- the Family Organizer..

Get the payment method owner to review their payment methods as in this document: 'Add a payment method to your Apple ID' on an Apple mobile device, a Mac, or a PC; click here --> Add a payment method to your Apple ID - Apple Support

- Payment methods with a problem will appear in red. This document tells you how to remove problem payment methods --> Remove a payment method from your Apple ID - Apple Support

- If the person is updating an old card and has ongoing subscriptions the person may need to first add the new card and make it the primary payment method before deleting the old card.

Related documents:

If the payment method is declined in the App Store or iTunes Store, click here --> If your payment method is declined in the App Store or iTunes Store - Apple Support

"There is a billing problem with a previous purchase." = "you have an unpaid balance in the App Store or iTunes Store"

- 'If you can't remove your last payment method or use no payment method with your Apple ID' click here --> Remove a payment method from your Apple ID - Apple Support

If none of the self-help solutions resolve your situation then ask Apple for help. Click here --> Choose your country or region - Official Apple Support Select your country, then a product. If you don't see one that handles your issue then keep experimenting with selections until you reach one that gets you a chat session or a telephone call and get the representative to redirect you.

or:

Contact Apple for support and service --> "See a list of Apple phone numbers around the world." - Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

Why can’t i update/download

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.