Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro m1 14 battery capacity sudden drop

Hi all,

So I purchased my new MacBook Pro a couple of months back and all was working fine till this week when its battery capacity dropped by two notches from 100 to 98 %. Now considering it's been barely two months since I purchased it and has been just 16 cycles, I am concerned. Can someone help me as I'm new to apple and Mac ecosystem.

I do need to mention that I downloaded chrome browser in the same week when the two percent drop happened. I have uninstalled it today only, could that be a reason ?

MacBook Pro 14″, macOS 13.0

Posted on Dec 22, 2022 11:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 23, 2022 6:12 AM

divyanshu146 wrote:

Hi all,

So I purchased my new MacBook Pro a couple of months back and all was working fine till this week when its battery capacity dropped by two notches from 100 to 98 %. Now considering it's been barely two months since I purchased it and has been just 16 cycles, I am concerned. Can someone help me as I'm new to apple and Mac ecosystem.

I do need to mention that I downloaded chrome browser in the same week when the two percent drop happened. I have uninstalled it today only, could that be a reason ?

https://discussions.apple.com/content/attachment/f50e1e58-81a1-47cb-b20a-095fb6643e4b

No downloading software does not effect your battery.

This seems normal.

As well as the report is "Condition Normal."

You do not have to micro-manage your battery or battery charging—forget about. Just use your mac as you see fit.

Rule of thumb—if you are near the mains leave it plugged in, if you need the portability run on battery only.

—BHM learns as it goes, and will make appropriate changes for long term battery health.

—you still have an expected 1000 cycle count

ref: About battery health management in Mac notebooks w/ silicon

About battery health management in Mac notebooks - Apple Support

If it drops to 80% or below take it in under warranty.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 23, 2022 6:12 AM in response to divyanshu146

divyanshu146 wrote:

Hi all,

https://discussions.apple.com/content/attachment/f50e1e58-81a1-47cb-b20a-095fb6643e4b

No downloading software does not effect your battery.

This seems normal.

As well as the report is "Condition Normal."

You do not have to micro-manage your battery or battery charging—forget about. Just use your mac as you see fit.

Rule of thumb—if you are near the mains leave it plugged in, if you need the portability run on battery only.

—BHM learns as it goes, and will make appropriate changes for long term battery health.

—you still have an expected 1000 cycle count

ref: About battery health management in Mac notebooks w/ silicon

About battery health management in Mac notebooks - Apple Support

If it drops to 80% or below take it in under warranty.

MacBook Pro m1 14 battery capacity sudden drop

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.