Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sunrise/sunset complication Apple Watch not showing

any advice on what the problem is? It doesn’t show the sunrise/sunset anymore. Thanks in advance

Apple Watch Series 8, watchOS 9

Posted on Dec 22, 2022 7:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 23, 2022 4:13 PM

That might be one way but I'd recommend this way instead:

From your phone click Settings, >Privacy &Security, >Location Services, go to Watch Faces and choose "While Using App".

It seems that an update might have been what caused this to be changed

12 replies

Dec 23, 2022 2:21 PM in response to Moosanity

I had thought that the watch got its sunrise/sunset info somehow from the World Clock. However, the complication showed the words, but no data.

After trying everything suggested, I finally discovered it got its information from the weather app you chose to use.

In settings, select Privacy & Security, Location Services and On,

hit the arrow to see that that option is on. Next, scroll down the list of apps and select the one that is your weather app where you already had told that app where you were wanting that location, and select Always for that app. If you don’t select Always, your watch won’t know where to find the sunrise/sunset data you want. It gets it from your weather app.

Sunrise/sunset complication Apple Watch not showing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.