Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to track stolen MacBook?

Hello My macbook has been stolen since yesterday and find my mac is off and how can i track its location or turn it on?

[Edited by Moderator]

Posted on Dec 23, 2022 12:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 23, 2022 4:23 AM

You shouldn't post your serial number in a public forum. I've asked the Hosts to remove your image.

Find My Mac is the only Apple service that can help track or locate a lost Mac. If you didn’t set up Find My Mac before your Mac was lost, or you can’t locate it, these steps might help you protect your data:

1. Change your Apple ID password to prevent anyone from accessing your iCloud data or using other services (such as iMessage or iTunes) from your Mac.
  2. Change your passwords for other accounts you use with your Mac, including email, banking, and social media sites like Facebook or Twitter.
  3. Report your lost or stolen Mac to local law enforcement. They might request the serial number of your computer.

If your Mac is lost or stolen - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 23, 2022 4:23 AM in response to Stolen_mac

You shouldn't post your serial number in a public forum. I've asked the Hosts to remove your image.

Find My Mac is the only Apple service that can help track or locate a lost Mac. If you didn’t set up Find My Mac before your Mac was lost, or you can’t locate it, these steps might help you protect your data:

1. Change your Apple ID password to prevent anyone from accessing your iCloud data or using other services (such as iMessage or iTunes) from your Mac.
  2. Change your passwords for other accounts you use with your Mac, including email, banking, and social media sites like Facebook or Twitter.
  3. Report your lost or stolen Mac to local law enforcement. They might request the serial number of your computer.

If your Mac is lost or stolen - Apple Support

How to track stolen MacBook?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.