Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my iPhone got stolen but it is offline and i cant trace it on find my. what can i do?

my iPhone got stolen but it is offline and i cant trace it on find my. what can i do?

iPhone SE, iOS 15

Posted on Dec 23, 2022 2:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 23, 2022 7:34 AM

Assuming that the Find My option was enabled on the iPhone, the phone must have good battery power and a good Internet connection to show up on the iCloud map.

So, there is really nothing that you can do as far as having the phone appear with its location except keep trying.

Realistically, I think you have to accept the fact that the phone is gone, and you need to protect yourself as much as possible. Watch out in particular for any messages that might indicate that your phone has been found. Apple or the police will never send a message like this.

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch is lost or stolen - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 23, 2022 7:34 AM in response to asher155

Assuming that the Find My option was enabled on the iPhone, the phone must have good battery power and a good Internet connection to show up on the iCloud map.

So, there is really nothing that you can do as far as having the phone appear with its location except keep trying.

Realistically, I think you have to accept the fact that the phone is gone, and you need to protect yourself as much as possible. Watch out in particular for any messages that might indicate that your phone has been found. Apple or the police will never send a message like this.

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch is lost or stolen - Apple Support

Dec 23, 2022 7:27 AM in response to asher155

Even if you could trace it that would not be useful information to you; you will never see that phone again. It’s probably already on its way to Shenzhen, China to a huge stolen phone refurbishing business.

Beware of a common phishing scam: You may get a text or email from “Apple” or “Apple Security” (or sometimes “Police”) saying your phone has been found and to click on a link to see its location. This is NEVER from Apple or from law enforcement; it is from the thief or fence to steal your Apple ID and identity. Delete any such message without responding to it. Apple never gets involved in lost or stolen devices→Avoid phishing emails, fake ‘virus‘ alerts, phony support calls, and other scams. And never remove the phone from your Apple ID; as long is it is linked to your Apple ID it is unusable.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.