Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trying to reinstall the Weather widget. When I long press, jiggle the widgets and press plus, the weather widget isn

Trying to reinstall the weather widget but when I go to the gallery to select it, it’s not listed there. I think I’m doing everything right, tapping the home screen, making them wiggle, hitting the plus sign, widgets come up - (mostly ones I already have) - but the Weather widget just isn’t listed there at all. How can I get it, then???

iPhone 13, iOS 16

Posted on Dec 23, 2022 6:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 23, 2022 7:00 AM

I just tried this on my phone.

After clicking +, I typed in "Weather" and then selected it (The Apple version). It gave me several widgets to choose from.

I just thought of something!!

Did you accidentally delete the Apple weather app?

That could be why it isn't listed, near the bottom of the list, in the W's.

If so, you'll need to re-install the app.

I hope this helps you!

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 23, 2022 7:00 AM in response to kabdell

I just tried this on my phone.

After clicking +, I typed in "Weather" and then selected it (The Apple version). It gave me several widgets to choose from.

I just thought of something!!

Did you accidentally delete the Apple weather app?

That could be why it isn't listed, near the bottom of the list, in the W's.

If so, you'll need to re-install the app.

I hope this helps you!

Trying to reinstall the Weather widget. When I long press, jiggle the widgets and press plus, the weather widget isn

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.