Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I do not have esim option in my iPhone 14. My iPhone is free from operator contract, however, could not activate esim

Don’t have option for adding e-sim. I don’t have a contract with operator, but there is no option “add e-sim” at all

iPhone 14

Posted on Dec 23, 2022 6:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 26, 2022 10:44 AM

Hello oxana290,

For difficulties with setting up eSIM you'll want to follow the steps and verify the requirements below:

What you need
• Your new iPhone needs to be connected to a Wi-Fi network.*
• An active cellular plan and eSIM on your iPhone from a carrier that supports eSIM.
Your iPhone or iPhone devices need the latest version of iOS that they can use.
* iPhone 14 models that are eSIM only can activate without a Wi-Fi network.

Follow these steps
Go to Settings > General > About and look for any numbers under EID. If there are no numbers, contact Apple Support.
After following each step below, open Control Center by swiping down from the upper-right corner of the screen. Check if your carrier appears in the status bar. If not, go to the next step.
1. Turn Airplane Mode on and off.
2. Go to Settings > Cellular and check if the number you're trying to activate is shown. If it is, turn off the line and then turn it back on again.
3. Restart your device or devices.

You can also find those steps in this resource: If you can't set up an eSIM on your iPhone

Should you still be unable to set up or activate your eSIM, you'll want to reach out to your carrier. They'd be in the best position to look into this further.

Take care.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 26, 2022 10:44 AM in response to oxana290

Hello oxana290,

For difficulties with setting up eSIM you'll want to follow the steps and verify the requirements below:

What you need
• Your new iPhone needs to be connected to a Wi-Fi network.*
• An active cellular plan and eSIM on your iPhone from a carrier that supports eSIM.
Your iPhone or iPhone devices need the latest version of iOS that they can use.
* iPhone 14 models that are eSIM only can activate without a Wi-Fi network.

Follow these steps
Go to Settings > General > About and look for any numbers under EID. If there are no numbers, contact Apple Support.
After following each step below, open Control Center by swiping down from the upper-right corner of the screen. Check if your carrier appears in the status bar. If not, go to the next step.
1. Turn Airplane Mode on and off.
2. Go to Settings > Cellular and check if the number you're trying to activate is shown. If it is, turn off the line and then turn it back on again.
3. Restart your device or devices.

You can also find those steps in this resource: If you can't set up an eSIM on your iPhone

Should you still be unable to set up or activate your eSIM, you'll want to reach out to your carrier. They'd be in the best position to look into this further.

Take care.

I do not have esim option in my iPhone 14. My iPhone is free from operator contract, however, could not activate esim

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.