Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Contacts

What third party app is good to use to share contacts between Apple IDs?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 13.0

Posted on Dec 23, 2022 11:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 24, 2022 12:20 PM

steve626 wrote:

What Old Toad suggests will work.

There are a few other options you can make use of to share Contacts between two different Apple ID accounts (yours and your wife's):

Details are in Use other contact accounts on iPhone - Apple Support

*One option is to go to your Contacts on your Mac, select all contacts, then select File=>Export=>Export as VCF . Then copy that VCF file to your wife's computer and have her Import it (also from the Contacts File menu).

*This would be the fastest and most efficient. I was just thinking to her iPhone but if she has her own Mac or an account on your joint Mac then the vcd card would be best.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 24, 2022 12:20 PM in response to steve626

steve626 wrote:

There are a few other options you can make use of to share Contacts between two different Apple ID accounts (yours and your wife's):

*One option is to go to your Contacts on your Mac, select all contacts, then select File=>Export=>Export as VCF . Then copy that VCF file to your wife's computer and have her Import it (also from the Contacts File menu).

*This would be the fastest and most efficient. I was just thinking to her iPhone but if she has her own Mac or an account on your joint Mac then the vcd card would be best.

Dec 24, 2022 12:00 PM in response to RoyalBirkdale

One option is to go to your Contacts on your Mac, select all contacts, then select File=>Export=>Export as VCF . Then copy that VCF file to your wife's computer and have her Import it (also from the Contacts File menu).

You would periodically need to update her contacts to keep them current with yours with this method (as with the one Old Toad suggested).

Maybe the easiest way is to do the bulk contacts Export on your Mac and then Import on her Mac. Then, after that, use Old Toad's suggestions to send newly added or changed contacts to her Mac.

Dec 24, 2022 10:29 AM in response to RoyalBirkdale

I missed the "different Apple IDs" in the original post. There's no way to do it. If you wife uses your Apple ID she can get the contacts but will also get your texts, emails, etc. and she won't get hers.

I don't know how many contacts you want to get to your wife's iPhone but with my wife and I we just select a contact we want to share and text or AirDrop it to the others iPhone.

You could select multiple contacts and share them with your wife via text, AirDrop or email as shown below:

I'd start with a few at a time until you both get the hang of it.

Contacts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.