Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I just bought a n iphone 14. Why can’t I get text notifications on both watch and phone?

I just bought an iPhone 14. Why can’t I get text notifications now on my Apple Watch?

Apple Watch Series 7, watchOS 9

Posted on Dec 23, 2022 4:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 23, 2022 5:06 PM

By design, you're NOT supposed to get notifications on both Apple Watch and iPhone at the same time. When the watch is on your wrist and your iPhone screen is locked, notifications comes to your watch, not your iPhone. If you are using your iPhone and the screen is active, notifications come to your iPhone, not your watch. This is expected behavior and as Apple engineered it to be.

Read this link --> Notifications on your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Note this at the very top of this Apple Support Article:

Where notifications appear

Notifications appear on your Apple Watch or iPhone, but not both.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 23, 2022 5:06 PM in response to 86g48

By design, you're NOT supposed to get notifications on both Apple Watch and iPhone at the same time. When the watch is on your wrist and your iPhone screen is locked, notifications comes to your watch, not your iPhone. If you are using your iPhone and the screen is active, notifications come to your iPhone, not your watch. This is expected behavior and as Apple engineered it to be.

Read this link --> Notifications on your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Note this at the very top of this Apple Support Article:

Where notifications appear

Notifications appear on your Apple Watch or iPhone, but not both.

I just bought a n iphone 14. Why can’t I get text notifications on both watch and phone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.