You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Learn about all the features, apps, and settings of your iPhone

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lock Screen

I updated to iOS 16 now. One thing that sucks is I have some OCD, and I can’t stand the bold time and especially not the bottom of screen notifications. I just like my basic background picture.

It has always been really nice with Apple because I’m always able to change new stuff I don’t like in settings.

So I know how to change the font of the time on my Home Screen, but it won’t let me do it because I have an old Home Screen picture? Am I just not doing it right because it just doesn’t really make sense

And then for bottom of screen notifications, these really just make me feel weird. I tried changing it from stack to list in settings but it didn’t change it. So is there a way to change it?

It always has been really easy to change this stuff, like with the search bar in safari being moved to the bottom. Man that thing was awful to my OCD, but at least I was able to change it back. I must be missing something on how to change these things back, so how can I?

Thank you

iPhone SE, iOS 16

Posted on Dec 24, 2022 12:45 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 24, 2022 12:52 AM

First you must create a new Lock Screen pair (Lock screen plus home screen) in Settings, Wallpaper, add new wallpaper. You can change the home screen background to something different afterwards.

Then you can customise some of it like this

Personalize your iPhone Lock Screen – Apple Support

but some of the things you don't like cannot currently be changed

Make suggestions here https://apple.com/feedback

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 24, 2022 12:52 AM in response to Hnhhh

First you must create a new Lock Screen pair (Lock screen plus home screen) in Settings, Wallpaper, add new wallpaper. You can change the home screen background to something different afterwards.

Then you can customise some of it like this

Personalize your iPhone Lock Screen – Apple Support

but some of the things you don't like cannot currently be changed

Make suggestions here https://apple.com/feedback

Lock Screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.