Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Changing my name on apple music

i really can’t change it :(

iPhone 13

Posted on Dec 24, 2022 7:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 24, 2022 8:12 AM

To change your name on Apple Music, tap 'Listen Now' in the app > your profile picture > 'View profile' > 'Edit'. There should be two fields that allow you to change your name and username. :)

2 replies

Dec 24, 2022 8:05 AM in response to Jennie2040

Hello Jennie2040,

Why would you need to change your name in Apple Music? If you mean you want to change your Apple ID you would have to go to settings. These are the instructions:

To change the name associated with your Apple ID, follow these steps:

1. Go to the Apple ID website (https://appleid.apple.com/) and sign in to your account.
  2. Click on the "Edit" button next to your name.
  3. Enter your new first and last name, and then click "Save Changes."

Note that you may need to verify your identity before you can make changes to your account. This may include providing a copy of a government-issued ID or answering security questions.

Keep in mind that changing the name associated with your Apple ID can affect the way it appears in other places, such as on your email messages, in the App Store, and on your device.

If you are using a device with iOS 14.3 or later, you can also change the name associated with your Apple ID directly on your device:

1. Go to the Settings app on your device.
  2. Tap on your name at the top of the screen.
  3. Tap on the "Edit" button next to your name.
  4. Enter your new first and last name, and then tap "Done."
  5. Enter your Apple ID password, and then tap "Done" again to save your changes.

You can also read this article --> Change your Apple ID - Apple Support

If these steps don't work you may have to contact Apple Customer Service.

Best regards,

KevTechSupport

Changing my name on apple music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.