Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I'm having trouble using home sharing on iphone 13 pro max. any tips?

I'd like to listen to music in my itunes library from my laptop to my iphone using home sharing....yet, home sharing is not working on my iphone. I don't want to download music to my iphone because it would take up a lot of space. Is the home sharing feature still available?? I've made sure sharing is enabled in itunes, phone and laptop are on the same wifi network and both logged in to the same account. What settings am I missing? I've also connected ph and laptop using bluetooth...home sharing still unavailable. Home sharing is checked when I hit the "edit" button but home sharing doesn't show up under library...I'm stumped!! Home sharing used to be easy!

Posted on Dec 24, 2022 11:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 26, 2022 3:15 PM

Hello Thought Tacos,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. First, make sure that you follow the initial guidance in the related article: Use Home Sharing to share media from a computer to other devices

Before you set up Home Sharing
Update all of your Apple devices to the latest versions of iOSiPadOSmacOS, and tvOS. On your PC, make sure that you have the latest version of iTunes for Windows.
Connect all of your devices to the same Wi-Fi or Ethernet network.
Make sure that all of your devices are signed in with the same Apple ID and authorized to play purchases using that Apple ID.

Also, if you are using a virtual private network (VPN) on either or both devices, make sure that they are either disconnected from the VPN or on the same network.

Let us know if you have any questions.

Best regards!

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 26, 2022 3:15 PM in response to Thought Tacos

Hello Thought Tacos,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. First, make sure that you follow the initial guidance in the related article: Use Home Sharing to share media from a computer to other devices

Before you set up Home Sharing
Update all of your Apple devices to the latest versions of iOSiPadOSmacOS, and tvOS. On your PC, make sure that you have the latest version of iTunes for Windows.
Connect all of your devices to the same Wi-Fi or Ethernet network.
Make sure that all of your devices are signed in with the same Apple ID and authorized to play purchases using that Apple ID.

Also, if you are using a virtual private network (VPN) on either or both devices, make sure that they are either disconnected from the VPN or on the same network.

Let us know if you have any questions.

Best regards!

I'm having trouble using home sharing on iphone 13 pro max. any tips?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.