Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

If I have iCloud photos turned off and switch my Apple ID will I loose my photos?

If I have iCloud photos turned off and switch my Apple ID will I loose my photos?

iPhone XS, iOS 15

Posted on Dec 25, 2022 8:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 25, 2022 8:52 AM

AFAIK. If you switch Apple IDs, then in theory, the two libraries merge on the switched iCloud account. Photos on your iPhone will, after first syncing, will contain all the photos that were in both libraries, and will do the same for any of your other devices that are signed in with that Apple ID that have iCloud Photo Library enabled. On the other hand, the photos stored in the cloud for your other Apple ID will remain unchanged ... unless you switch IDs again.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 25, 2022 8:52 AM in response to miachurchhh

AFAIK. If you switch Apple IDs, then in theory, the two libraries merge on the switched iCloud account. Photos on your iPhone will, after first syncing, will contain all the photos that were in both libraries, and will do the same for any of your other devices that are signed in with that Apple ID that have iCloud Photo Library enabled. On the other hand, the photos stored in the cloud for your other Apple ID will remain unchanged ... unless you switch IDs again.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.