Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 13 pro max burn in ( home bar line )

I have an iPhone 13 pro max for 9 months and when I am in a gray background or on the home screen or when I switch between applications sometimes I see the difficulty of the home bar line as if it is burnt I know that the oled screen has one of its defects this burn but why doesn't Apple provide an option to remove the forced home bar line For not staying all the time and reducing the possibility of burn the screen in this place

iPhone 13 Pro Max, iOS 16

Posted on Dec 25, 2022 9:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 27, 2022 9:32 AM

Hi there AbuSarp,

We can provide some information.

To start, this is normal behavior for the Super Retina XDR Display on your iPhone.

If you look at an OLED display off-angle, you might notice slight shifts in color and hue. This is a characteristic of OLED and is normal behavior. With extended long-term use, OLED displays can also show slight visual changes. This is also expected behavior and can include “image persistence” or “burn-in,” where the display shows a faint remnant of an image even after a new image appears on the screen. This can occur in more extreme cases such as when the same high contrast image is continuously displayed for prolonged periods of time.

Have a look at this support article to learn more: About the Super Retina display and Super Retina XDR display on your iPhone

Keeping that in mind, you'll want to be sure to follow the suggestions in the 'Get the most out of the Super Retina and Super Retina XDR displays' section of the link above.

Cheers.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 27, 2022 9:32 AM in response to AbuSarp

Hi there AbuSarp,

We can provide some information.

To start, this is normal behavior for the Super Retina XDR Display on your iPhone.

If you look at an OLED display off-angle, you might notice slight shifts in color and hue. This is a characteristic of OLED and is normal behavior. With extended long-term use, OLED displays can also show slight visual changes. This is also expected behavior and can include “image persistence” or “burn-in,” where the display shows a faint remnant of an image even after a new image appears on the screen. This can occur in more extreme cases such as when the same high contrast image is continuously displayed for prolonged periods of time.

Have a look at this support article to learn more: About the Super Retina display and Super Retina XDR display on your iPhone

Keeping that in mind, you'll want to be sure to follow the suggestions in the 'Get the most out of the Super Retina and Super Retina XDR displays' section of the link above.

Cheers.

iPhone 13 pro max burn in ( home bar line )

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.