Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I need to delete books

I need to delete the books application

Posted on Dec 25, 2022 12:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 26, 2022 1:52 AM

As others have stated, the Books application cannot be officially deleted. Even if you could, it takes up a nominal amount of space unused.

If you just want to remove the app from the Dock, right click it and select Options > Remove from Dock.

If you need more space, try the steps here - Free up storage space on your Mac - Apple Support

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 26, 2022 1:52 AM in response to ericreynolds

As others have stated, the Books application cannot be officially deleted. Even if you could, it takes up a nominal amount of space unused.

If you just want to remove the app from the Dock, right click it and select Options > Remove from Dock.

If you need more space, try the steps here - Free up storage space on your Mac - Apple Support

Dec 25, 2022 2:45 PM in response to ericreynolds

I understand that you don't use the Books app and that you want to remove it. However, doing so would remove very little space from your Mac's drive. Regardless, not all apps can be simply removed. Again, have you tried the steps in the support article you arrived here from?

Here it is again, for reference: Uninstall apps on your Mac - Apple Support

I need to delete books

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.