Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lost movies on Apple TV

I have lost multiple movies from my library on my iMac. They were all on my iPad which is how i noticed the discrepancy, but after updating my OS to Ventura and syncing my devices, the movies have gone from both libraries. They "are not hidden", i have been through numerous ways of checking as per apples´ online assistance and chat room recommendations.

I have the original invoice information but i am loathed to spend 3 days going through every year and invoice to check what i have and have not.

Some movies are from 2020. Appreciate any constructive help.

iMac 21.5″, macOS 13.0

Posted on Dec 25, 2022 2:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 27, 2022 11:47 AM

Hello Andrew D 1963,

Let's use the search feature in the TV app to see if those movies show a cloud icon that you can click or tap on to redownload them.

If you aren't seeing that icon, let's also double check your Apple ID purchase history using the steps below:

On your iPhone or iPad

1. Open the Settings app.
2. Tap your name, then tap Media & Purchases. 
3. Tap View Account. You might be asked to sign in.
4. Tap Purchase History.
iPhone showing the Purchase History menu option in Settings.

5. Your purchase history appears. Tap Last 90 Days, then select a different date range.

Learn what to do if you can't find the item that you’re looking for or if you find unexpected charges.

On your Mac

1. Open the Music app. 
2. From the Account menu at the top of the screen, choose Account Settings. You might be asked to sign in.
3. On the Account Information page, scroll down to Purchase History. Next to Most Recent Purchase, click See All.
Mac showing the Purchase History section of the account information page with "See All" selected.

4. It might take a moment for your Purchase History to appear. Click Select a range. Or choose Last 90 Days, then select a date range.

Learn what to do if you can't find the item that you’re looking for or if you find unexpected charges.

You can also find those steps in this resource: View your purchase history for the App Store, iTunes Store, and other Apple media services

If you've used any prior Apple ID accounts in the past, you would also want to make sure those purchases weren't made under a prior account.

Should you still be unable to locate or redownload those purchases, you'll want to reach out to Apple Support: Contact - Official Apple Support They'd be in the best position to assist further.

Take care.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 27, 2022 11:47 AM in response to Andrew D 1963

Hello Andrew D 1963,

Let's use the search feature in the TV app to see if those movies show a cloud icon that you can click or tap on to redownload them.

If you aren't seeing that icon, let's also double check your Apple ID purchase history using the steps below:

On your iPhone or iPad

1. Open the Settings app.
2. Tap your name, then tap Media & Purchases. 
3. Tap View Account. You might be asked to sign in.
4. Tap Purchase History.
iPhone showing the Purchase History menu option in Settings.

5. Your purchase history appears. Tap Last 90 Days, then select a different date range.

On your Mac

1. Open the Music app. 
2. From the Account menu at the top of the screen, choose Account Settings. You might be asked to sign in.
3. On the Account Information page, scroll down to Purchase History. Next to Most Recent Purchase, click See All.
Mac showing the Purchase History section of the account information page with "See All" selected.

4. It might take a moment for your Purchase History to appear. Click Select a range. Or choose Last 90 Days, then select a date range.

You can also find those steps in this resource: View your purchase history for the App Store, iTunes Store, and other Apple media services

If you've used any prior Apple ID accounts in the past, you would also want to make sure those purchases weren't made under a prior account.

Should you still be unable to locate or redownload those purchases, you'll want to reach out to Apple Support: Contact - Official Apple Support They'd be in the best position to assist further.

Take care.

Lost movies on Apple TV

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.