Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

BOOKMARK SIDEBAR NOW USELESS IN SAFARI IPAD 15.7.2

My BOOKMARKS have been meticulously organized on both my iMac and iPad for years, with folders within folders.

Since the 15.7.2 update, Safari’s sidebar SHOWS NO FOLDERS! No hierarchy.

My nested bookmark folders still exist on my iMacs Safari browser, but not on my iPads Safari browser sidebar!

My nested folder system always showed up on my iPad. NOW IT DOESN’T.

What's strange is that my nested folders are all present when I save a bookmark. I can navigate through them and drop a bookmark where I want. But this hierarchy doesn't show up in my bookmark sidebar.

You best fix this fast or you will lose everyone who has invested years in organizing their bookmark library.

PLEASE ACT FAST to fix this.

iPad Pro

Posted on Dec 25, 2022 2:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 25, 2022 4:51 PM

You have signed up into a, largely, Apple product customer/user to user technical support community.

We are all, largely, just Apple product users, just like you.

No cognizant or responsible Apple employees or teams here.

No responsible Apple employees read nor participate in these Apple user communities.

Sorry.

Something must have gone wrong with the upgrade/update as I still have all of my bookmarks organised and the way I left them and my 2015/2016 iPad Pro is running iPadOS 15.7.2.

After ANY iOS/iPadOS upgrade/update, you should ALWAYS perform a simple hard reset/forced restart of your Apple mobile device.

For iPad models with a Home button, do a simple hard reset/forced restart of your iPad by holding down both the Home and sleep/wake/power button simultaneously until your iPad goes to black and restarts with Apple logo, then release the buttons.

OR

For much newer design iPad models, without a Home button, try the new simple hard reset/forced restart procedure for the new 2018-2022 iPad Pros, 2020/21 iPad Air 4 and 5, the 2021 iPad Mini 6 and the new 2022, 10th gen base models,

1. Press and release the volume button closest to the top Power button

2. Then immediately press and release the volume button farthest from the top Power button.

3. Then, press and hold the top single sleep/wake/power button You will see the Slide to Power off button, but keep on holding down the power button until you see the Apple logo, then let it go.

Once you have performed all the steps, wait for a few seconds and your 2018-2022 iPad will boot up completely to the iPad’s Lock screen.

If still no joy, if you have a previous data backup of this iPad, you may need to do complete erase of this iPad and do a restore from backup of this iPad.

Also, you can leave unacknowledged iPad feedback of your iPad issues, directly, with Apple by tapping the link below.

Feedback - iPad - Apple

Sorry & Best of Luck to You!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 25, 2022 4:51 PM in response to TimM99

You have signed up into a, largely, Apple product customer/user to user technical support community.

We are all, largely, just Apple product users, just like you.

No cognizant or responsible Apple employees or teams here.

No responsible Apple employees read nor participate in these Apple user communities.

Sorry.

Something must have gone wrong with the upgrade/update as I still have all of my bookmarks organised and the way I left them and my 2015/2016 iPad Pro is running iPadOS 15.7.2.

After ANY iOS/iPadOS upgrade/update, you should ALWAYS perform a simple hard reset/forced restart of your Apple mobile device.

For iPad models with a Home button, do a simple hard reset/forced restart of your iPad by holding down both the Home and sleep/wake/power button simultaneously until your iPad goes to black and restarts with Apple logo, then release the buttons.

OR

For much newer design iPad models, without a Home button, try the new simple hard reset/forced restart procedure for the new 2018-2022 iPad Pros, 2020/21 iPad Air 4 and 5, the 2021 iPad Mini 6 and the new 2022, 10th gen base models,

1. Press and release the volume button closest to the top Power button

2. Then immediately press and release the volume button farthest from the top Power button.

3. Then, press and hold the top single sleep/wake/power button You will see the Slide to Power off button, but keep on holding down the power button until you see the Apple logo, then let it go.

Once you have performed all the steps, wait for a few seconds and your 2018-2022 iPad will boot up completely to the iPad’s Lock screen.

If still no joy, if you have a previous data backup of this iPad, you may need to do complete erase of this iPad and do a restore from backup of this iPad.

Also, you can leave unacknowledged iPad feedback of your iPad issues, directly, with Apple by tapping the link below.

Feedback - iPad - Apple

Sorry & Best of Luck to You!

BOOKMARK SIDEBAR NOW USELESS IN SAFARI IPAD 15.7.2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.