You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

High Disk Usage in macOS 13.1

Hi everyone, I updated to 13.1 the other day and I noticed that my disk usage is much higher. Over the last 12 days I've written 125 gb while only doing some light gaming and safari use. I noticed that my disk usage hasn't went up at all while playing the games so I don't think it's swap usage, but it seems to be filling up from kernel task.

MacBook Air

Posted on Dec 25, 2022 6:20 PM

1 reply

Dec 26, 2022 8:28 AM in response to TechGuy132

TechGuy132 wrote:

Hi everyone, I updated to 13.1 the other day and I noticed that my disk usage is much higher. Over the last 12 days I've written 125 gb while only doing some light gaming and safari use. I noticed that my disk usage hasn't went up at all while playing the games so I don't think it's swap usage, but it seems to be filling up from kernel task.

General Volume size, you can see from Terminal.app copy & paste:

diskutil list internal

For itemized details:

File size— list the items in the home folder with the sizes, including invisible items, copy & paste:

sudo du -h -d 1 ~/

File size—will list the items in root with the sizes, including invisible items, copy & paste:

sudo du -h -d 1 /

ref: Terminal User Guide for Mac - Apple Support

High Disk Usage in macOS 13.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.