Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

If I’m on a warranty can I take my phone to a repair shop and get it repaired for free?

If my phones on a warranty can I take it to a repair shop to get it repaired for free?

iPhone SE

Posted on Dec 25, 2022 7:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 26, 2022 2:57 AM

It depends on a number of factors. If you purchased AppleCare+, you can get accidental damage repaired for a small fee.

If it's only under the 1-year Limited Warranty, then it only covers manufacturing issues. From Apple-

The Apple Limited Warranty covers your iPhone and the Apple-branded accessories that come in the box with your product against manufacturing issues for one year from the date you bought them...If your situation isn’t covered, you’ll pay a fee. If the issue with your iPhone is ineligible for service, you might pay the full replacement value. (bold mine)
3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 26, 2022 2:57 AM in response to Austin_cornacc

It depends on a number of factors. If you purchased AppleCare+, you can get accidental damage repaired for a small fee.

If it's only under the 1-year Limited Warranty, then it only covers manufacturing issues. From Apple-

The Apple Limited Warranty covers your iPhone and the Apple-branded accessories that come in the box with your product against manufacturing issues for one year from the date you bought them...If your situation isn’t covered, you’ll pay a fee. If the issue with your iPhone is ineligible for service, you might pay the full replacement value. (bold mine)

If I’m on a warranty can I take my phone to a repair shop and get it repaired for free?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.