Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Add plan from different carrier to apple watch?

I just gifted my SO an apple watch with a verizon watch data plan. My SO's iPhone has a data plan from at&t. Is it possible to use the plan I bought for the apple watch even though it's a different carrier than the iphone?

Posted on Dec 25, 2022 9:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 26, 2022 1:15 AM

Your iPhone and Apple Watch must use the same network provider, and you must be within your provider’s network when you set up mobile on your watch. - taken from the article below.

If the Watch is set up as a family member's watch under your iphone then they can be a different provider.

In the following the words mobile and cellular mean the same

Set up mobile on Apple Watch – Apple Support (UK)

Unpair and erase the Watch including removing the old eSIM before gifting

What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your Apple Watch, or buy one from someone else - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 26, 2022 1:15 AM in response to Lf2606

Your iPhone and Apple Watch must use the same network provider, and you must be within your provider’s network when you set up mobile on your watch. - taken from the article below.

If the Watch is set up as a family member's watch under your iphone then they can be a different provider.

In the following the words mobile and cellular mean the same

Set up mobile on Apple Watch – Apple Support (UK)

Unpair and erase the Watch including removing the old eSIM before gifting

What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your Apple Watch, or buy one from someone else - Apple Support

Add plan from different carrier to apple watch?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.