Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to transfer my phone number to my new cellphone iPhone

How to transfer my phone number to my new iPhone

iPhone 13, iOS 16

Posted on Dec 25, 2022 10:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 25, 2022 10:41 PM

Use eSIM Quick Transfer on iPhone

Some carriers support SIM transfers from your previous iPhone to your new iPhone without needing to contact them. You can also convert your current physical SIM card to an eSIM. 

If you don't have access to your current iPhone, contact your carrier to transfer your eSIM.

While you're setting up your iPhone, if you're asked to transfer your SIM, follow the onscreen instructions to transfer your physical SIM or eSIM. If you need to transfer more than one SIM to your new iPhone, transfer your additional SIMs following the steps below.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 25, 2022 10:41 PM in response to Mhadel27

Use eSIM Quick Transfer on iPhone

Some carriers support SIM transfers from your previous iPhone to your new iPhone without needing to contact them. You can also convert your current physical SIM card to an eSIM. 

If you don't have access to your current iPhone, contact your carrier to transfer your eSIM.

While you're setting up your iPhone, if you're asked to transfer your SIM, follow the onscreen instructions to transfer your physical SIM or eSIM. If you need to transfer more than one SIM to your new iPhone, transfer your additional SIMs following the steps below.

How to transfer my phone number to my new cellphone iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.