Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple balance wont work and i cant select it

Hello! I got a giftcard for 50$ amd i redeemed it bow its in my apple balance and Im trying to make a purchase for something on my game and when i do it says complete but then, a nottification pops up saying "verification required." then it shows me my apple balance. i dont have a card because im not old enough. but i have enough on my account. Im not sure what to do because it wont give me any buttons to use my apple balance. my parents dont know either so i would just like to know what this means

iPhone 11, iOS 15

Posted on Dec 26, 2022 2:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 27, 2022 12:00 PM

The resolution to this issue is often making sure you have entered a credit card or other valid method of payment* even if you don't plan on needing to use it.

If there is an option to select "Review" or "Continue", select that and enter valid payment information if required. If there's problems doing this:

On a mobile device tap: Settings > [your name at the top] > Media & Purchases > View Account > Review Apple ID.

Alternatively this document explains how to 'Change, add, [review,] or remove Apple ID payment methods' on an Apple mobile device, a Mac, or a PC; click here --> Add a payment method to your Apple ID - Apple Support

If you continue to have problems contact Official Apple Support - Select your region from the list and then your country from the pop-up window. If you do not see your country, see if there is an "other" listing for that region.

Apple Support

*Payment methods that you can use with your Apple ID - Payment methods that you can use with your Apple ID - Apple Support

Also note:

Sign in with your Apple ID - Apple Support - at the very bottom: "When you sign in to the App Store and other media services for the first time, you might need to add a credit card or other payment information."

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 27, 2022 12:00 PM in response to alyssadeery

The resolution to this issue is often making sure you have entered a credit card or other valid method of payment* even if you don't plan on needing to use it.

If there is an option to select "Review" or "Continue", select that and enter valid payment information if required. If there's problems doing this:

On a mobile device tap: Settings > [your name at the top] > Media & Purchases > View Account > Review Apple ID.

Alternatively this document explains how to 'Change, add, [review,] or remove Apple ID payment methods' on an Apple mobile device, a Mac, or a PC; click here --> Add a payment method to your Apple ID - Apple Support

If you continue to have problems contact Official Apple Support - Select your region from the list and then your country from the pop-up window. If you do not see your country, see if there is an "other" listing for that region.

Apple Support

*Payment methods that you can use with your Apple ID - Payment methods that you can use with your Apple ID - Apple Support

Also note:

Sign in with your Apple ID - Apple Support - at the very bottom: "When you sign in to the App Store and other media services for the first time, you might need to add a credit card or other payment information."

Apple balance wont work and i cant select it

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.