Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV 4K not downloading new screensavers

For about a week now my 2017 Apple TV 4K has only been showing the “Passing Downtown Los Angeles” screensaver on my TV. I have downloads set to daily, my storage is nowhere near full and when I swipe on the touchpad it just repeats the screensaver. Nowhere online have I found an answer.

Apple TV 4K, tvOS 16

Posted on Dec 26, 2022 6:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 28, 2022 1:02 PM

The issue actually started after updating to 16.2, and there’s plenty of storage left, the small number of apps I do have downloaded aren’t large at all. I’ve had it on “download daily” for about a week now and it still hasn’t showed a new screensaver.

7 replies

Dec 27, 2022 2:40 PM in response to _Atlas_

Hi _Atlas_,

Is your Apple TV software up to date? You can follow these instructions to ensure it is:

Update your Apple TV

Also please note this information from our support article about Aerial screen savers:

"The number of Aerials that you can download depends on how much storage is available on your Apple TV. To manage storage on your Apple TV, go to Settings > General > Manage Storage."

Aerial screen savers on your Apple TV

Also please allow 24 hours after changing the frequency of downloads for the screensavers to see additional screen savers.

Cheers!

Apple TV 4K not downloading new screensavers

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.