Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why am I being charged for a subscription I canceled?

I canceled a subscription but it doesn’t renew until the 19th. I can’t download any new apps until I update payment. Why am I being charged for a subscription I canceled???

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Dec 26, 2022 6:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 26, 2022 7:20 AM

If the subscription renewed and tried to charge you but was unable for any reason, you now owe the subscription amount until you complete payment and as such your account is currently in bad standing. You won't be able to use store services, including downloading apps until the issue is resolved.

You must have a verified payment method and let the charge complete successfully. Once that happens you can contact Apple Support for a refund by clicking here ➜ Contact Apple Support for a refund

You should cancel subscriptions more than 24 Horus before they are set to renew if you no longer want them, so they don't charge you. Otherwise Apple advises they may still charge you.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 26, 2022 7:20 AM in response to Ali318

If the subscription renewed and tried to charge you but was unable for any reason, you now owe the subscription amount until you complete payment and as such your account is currently in bad standing. You won't be able to use store services, including downloading apps until the issue is resolved.

You must have a verified payment method and let the charge complete successfully. Once that happens you can contact Apple Support for a refund by clicking here ➜ Contact Apple Support for a refund

You should cancel subscriptions more than 24 Horus before they are set to renew if you no longer want them, so they don't charge you. Otherwise Apple advises they may still charge you.

Why am I being charged for a subscription I canceled?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.